- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Quickly and accurately create Solidworks models and drawings from supplied reference examples. Attention to detail combined with efficiency and speed is critical.
- Aggressively pursue knowledge about various product types and systems in order to understand how to create product that adheres to company design rules and drawing standards such as ASME GD&T.
- Use enterprise resource management (ERP) software for part number and BOM creation.
- Quickly and accurately perform Engineering Change Orders (ECO's).
- Work independently to get multiple simultaneous projects into production while keeping a balanced schedule.
- Interface with the Applications Engineering department to receive project specifications and participate in the design review process.
- Use knowledge and experience with hands-on manufacturing methods to model products that adhere to design for manufacture and design for assembly practices.
- Assist with achieving general department goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidate must have a minimum of a BS in Mechanical Engineering or any related field. Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Basic hands-on fabrication experience is desired.
- Two + years CAD experience is desired and preference will be given for candidates with official Solidworks certification.
- He/she must be capable of understanding mechanism design, dimensioning complex geometry, measurement standards, and have a general understanding of force deflection, materials science, thermodynamics, refrigeration and heat transfer.
- The candidate must have very good oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Enthusiasm is highly valued, as is the ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic and demanding work environment. She/he must be proficient in the use of CAD software (preferably Solid Works) and be familiar with the machining process
- Candidate should be self-started, disciplined and willing to work with a flexible work schedule.
Additional Qualification Requirement:
- Participation in technical societies such as ASME, SME, SAE, SWE & others is highly desirable (particularly a leadership role).
Jobs You May Be Interested
- Jr. Buyer Our Client is a d... Fremont, CA
- QC Manager Plans, coordinates, and dir... san Jose
- Assembler - Touch Up Rework The Assembler is resp... Sunnyvale
- Jr. Mechanical Engineer Develop and test models... Fremont, CA
- Entry Level Cable Assembler (60 Opening on Swing Shift-3PM-11:30PM) 60 Opening for Cable Assemb... Fremont, CA
- Quality Control Inspector A dynamic and innovative hi... Fremont, CA