Jr. Mechanical Engineer (Design Checker)
Work Location: Fremont, CA and/or Phoenix, AZ
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Quickly and accurately review drawings as part of a design review team for adherence to correct GD&T standards and internal company standards
• Review designs as part of a design review team and check for adherence to correct product design standards, DFM and so forth
• Communicate with designers and applications engineers during the project review process
• Quickly and accurately create SolidWorks models and drawings from supplied reference examples. Attention to detail combined with efficiency and speed is critical
• Aggressively pursue knowledge about various product types and systems in order to understand how to create product that adheres to company design rules and drawing standards such as ASME GD&T
• Use enterprise resource management (ERP) software for part number and BOM creation
• Quickly and accurately perform Engineering Change Orders(ECO’s)
• Work independently to get multiple simultaneous projects into production while keeping a balanced schedule
• Interface with Application Engineering department to receive project specifications and participate in the design review process
• Use knowledge and experience with hands-on manufacturing methods to model products that adhere to design for manufacture and design for assembly practices
• Assist with achieving general department goals
Other duties as assigned
Additional Qualification Requirement:
1. Working grasp of GD&T
2. Understanding of design for manufacture
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
1. Candidate must have a minimum of a BS in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field.
2. 2+ years of professional CAD experience is desired. Candidates with official SolidWorks is a plus.
3. 2+ years of daily professional experience with design checking and GD&T
4. He/she must be capable of understanding mechanism design, dimensioning complex geometry, measurement standards, and have a general understanding of force deflection, materials science, thermodynamics, refrigeration and heat transfer.
5. The candidate must have very good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Enthusiasm is highly valued, as is the ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
7. He/she must be proficient in the use of CAD software (SolidWorks) and be familiar with the machining process.
8. Candidate should be self-started, disciplined and willing to work with a flexible work schedule.
Jobs You May Be Interested
- Operations Manager Reviews and approves ad... Milpitas, CA
- QA manager, QA Mechanical Inspector Please see the Requirements... San Jose
- Electrical Technician Read, interpret and fol... Fremont
- QA MANAGER (DESIGN &ASSEMBLY) In this hands-on positi... Sunnyvale
- Coating Operator Please see the requirement.... Fremont
- Jr. Mechanical Engineer (Design Checker) Essential Duties and Respon... Fremont, CA and/or Phoenix, AZ