- The Sourcing Program is responsible for providing Sourcing responsibility. Responsibilities include, leading the development & execution of local sourcing strategies that deliver a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives; supplier selection, development, and the supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
- Project Management
- As part of the project team and the extended Procurement team, you are to ensure that new products entering production, have a direct material cost that meets the requirement of the business case for the product.
- Drive and achieve targets for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- In cooperation with commodity management, ensure the implementation of the supply strategies for the relevant categories.
- Manage Sourcing goals, strategy and analytics for global projects
- Understand industry and commodity trends to influence the use of standard/common parts/materials.
- Follow up of samples or First Article (FA) to be submitted through Product/FA Engineer to customer for evaluation/approval.
- Be able to represent the team in customer interface where required.
- Drive effective RFQ.
- Effectively managing timing for global procurement initiatives to drive efficiencies and cost saving.
- As Project Sourcing you will enable the use of supply base management and analytical perspective to drive benefit projects.
- Monitor and effectively track all project transfer timeline and activities to ensure customer time to market.
- Participate in supplier selections and recommendations in line with the transfer plan.
- Ensure assurance of supply (AOS) to support business needs and seek means on resolution of supply issues.
- Early involvement with R&D for DFX & DFSC on component and supplier selection Work with Purchasing, Quality and/or Finance to resolve any supplier related issues.
- Source and determine quotations at the most competitive price.
- Ensure obtained pricing to be the most favorable for the company in both new and current business environments.
- Ensure quotation strategy makes sense to support the required business model to improve chances of an award of business from potential customers.
- Engineering background, able to read & understand technical drawings & specifications.
- Proficient negotiation skills. Good understanding of the supply base, both local and overseas with good understanding of the outsourcing requirements in the China/India/Thailand/Vietnam, an added advantage.
- Demonstrated project management and strategic, business analytics experience required.
- Strong analytical and data manipulation abilities.
- Understanding of strategic sourcing methodologies & strong technical abilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, with effective communication and presentation skills. SAP knowledge is an added advantage.
- Possess good analytical skills to justify the course of work and be able to communicate tactfully as critical and sensitive Information is involved.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task.
- Diploma/degree in Mechatronics/Mechanical/Manufacturing/Electronics Engineer
- 3 years in contract manufacturing
Jobs You May Be Interested
- PCB Debug Technician (Temp to Hire) Please see JD. ... Fremont
- Test Engineer Responsible for DFT, te... Newark
- Machine Repair Technician A dynamic and in... Fremont, CA
- Manufacturing Associate ( Mech Ass'y/Test operator Perform a wide variety ... Newark
- Mechanical Assembler ( Swing shift ) Prepare parts for assem... Fremont
- Test Technician – LEAD ( Swing ) Please see JD.. ... Newark, CA