Provide for effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at a minimum cost. Plan, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes throughout the production areas. Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, material and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards. Analyses and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. Produce documentation that allows for the successful assembly, test, and inspection of all products produced by the Manufacturing Group. Ensure the ability to manufacture new designs coming from the Sales Group and provide for a smooth transition from development into manufacturing.
Please see Job requirement
1. Define, document and maintain all processes / procedures within the manufacturing areas, including the Inspection, Assembly, Test, and Packaging Areas.
2. Responsible for all production processes defining and reporting corrective action to increase productivity in all areas of production.
3. Ensure smooth, successful movement of material flow through Manufacturing from Receiving through and into the Shipping Area. Study time, motion, methods, and speed involved in Production, Packaging, and Test to establish standard production rate and improve efficiency.
4. Responsible for the design / use of test fixtures, test set-ups and will set levels of acceptance for each process step to guarantee the functionality of all products and to ensure adherence to established Quality standards. Observe Assemblers using equipment to verify that equipment is being operated and maintained according to quality assurance standards. Will perform and or oversee the preventative maintenance of all Production processing equipment.
5. Design and develop methods for efficient data collection of yields and problems with productivity for all products in production to identify ways of reducing costs, improving yields, and increasing throughput. Prepare charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, and machine utilization.
6. Monitor Quality Reports to define specific corrective action that improve yields. Review SPC logs, product processing sheets, and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications.
7. Create and or modify product and process documentation using AutoCAD and Mechanical Desktop software.
Jobs You May Be Interested
- Assembler - Touch Up Rework The Assembler is resp... Sunnyvale
- Test Operator Test Operator Day shift... Newark, CA
- Jr. Mechanical Engineer Develop and test models... Fremont, CA
- Incoming Quality Control Inspector Perform AQL inco... San Jose, CA
- Document Control Clerk DOCUMENT CONTROL CLERK ... Newark, CA
- SMT Operator SMT O... Sunnyvale, CA