Production Supervisor (Graveyard shift)
Work Location: Sunnyvale, CA
• Create, implement, and supervise in-house manufacturing facility.
• Recruit, hire, train, and supervise Assembly Floor Personnel (Assemblers, Touch up, Rework, Operators, Inspectors, etc.) to ensure smooth running of operations.
• Research and acquire additional assembly resources for the Company.
• Gather data on product shortages, lead times, price changes, etc. to determine if Sierra is meeting the needs of current/future customers and business partners.
• Coordinate the assembly activities with sales to ensure 100% on-time delivery.
• Create, implement, and supervise daily quality processes to ensure 100% accuracy.
• Document and monitor progress of the business unit and review with management at least once a month.
• Conduct annual reviews for direct reports in a timely manner and provide performance counseling as necessary.
• Meet regularly with management to discuss short/long-term goals for the business unit.
• Coordinate and be available for walk-through, site audits, or any other requests from customers and partners.
• Responsible for all reports requested by management and create new reports as needed.
• Respond to internal and external customers in a timely manner for the business unit.
• Professionally represent the Company to outside customers and business partners.
• Work extended hours based on company needs and be available for after hour emergency calls.
• Ability to stand/walk throughout the day.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
• Minimum 5 years as Operations Supervisor of Electronic Assembly House.
• 8-10 years experience in the Electronic industry.
• Previous experience as a Buyer, Purchasing, Quality or Operations supervisor preferred.
• Must have extensive, hands on, experience with all aspects of PCB Assembly, both in SMT and Through Hole Assembly.
• Must understand IPC-A-610 standards thoroughly.
• Solid business decision making abilities and excellent judgment.
• Excellent customer service skills and able to use tact and good judgment in contacts with customers and business partners.
• Ability to solve practical problems using pre-established guidelines to deal with situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Strong facility in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Access, Outlook, and Excel
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong people management skills.
• Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Highly organized and ability to work with minimum supervision while maintaining effective time management.
• Must be flexible to work extended hours based on company needs and be available for after hour emergency calls.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and stand/walk throughout the day.
• Ability to perform at the highest level in a fast-paced environment.
• Valid California Driver’s License.
Jobs You May Be Interested
- Manufacturing Process Engineer Manage & monitor th... Fremont, CA
- Mechanical assembler basic computer assemble... Fremont
- QC Technician Please see JD.. ... Mountain View, CA
- Test Operator Familiar with basic inc... Milpitas,CA
- NPI Engineer Please see JD... ... Fremont, CA
- Facilities Technician Maintains Solar Cell and Mo... Milpitas,CA