- The Capacity Planner will develop a production plan each week to meet forecasted demand.
- Manage inventory levels and coordinate inventory pre-builds to compensate for periods of capacity limitations
- The Capacity Planner will develop recommendations for Sales & Operations planning process and senior management regarding production and inventory plans impacting multiple business units based on sound independent analysis and consideration of multiple variables and cost impact
- He/She will proactively perform root cause analysis, develop solutions, and drive optimization of the supply chain
- Provide periodic assessments including manufacturing capacity for major capital strategy decisions, new product capacity evaluations, production alternatives, and implementation strategies to support new product introduction timing
- Develop and maintain safety stock strategies consistent with service level and inventory objectives.
- The Capacity Planner will evaluate manufacturing lot sizes to balance costs of manufacturing with costs of inventory
- Monitor production attainment results and make recommendations for routing adjustments as needed
- The Capacity Planner will manage daily process of resolving low stocks and stock outs, and schedule changes
- The Capacity Planner should possess 5-7 years related experience
- He/She must possess an understanding of supply chain and inventory planning principles
- Knowledge and experience with supply chain planning systems and/or manufacturing systems (i.e., Epicor, SAP, Oracle)
- The Capacity Planner must have strong analytical skills with ability to assess financial trade-offs driving manufacturing and inventory decisions
- The Capacity Planner must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Minimum Education Requirements / Certification / Licensure For Capacity Planner Job
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) (preferred) or Equivalent
- APICS CPIM certification a must.
Jobs You May Be Interested
- Entry Level Cable Assembler (60 Opening on Swing Shift-3PM-11:30PM) 60 Opening for Cable Assemb... Fremont, CA
- SMT Process Engineer Responsible for proficientl... Fremont, CA
- Assemblers - Touch Up Rework POSITION SUMMARY: The Assem... San Jose, CA
- QA Inspector ( All Shift ) The QA Inspector is r... Sunnyvale
- Warehouse Lead Warehouse Lead requirements... Milpitas, CA
- Sr. HR Specialist Sr. HR Specialist  ... Fremont, CA