JOB FUNCTION: As a Accounts Payable Accountant you will be responsible for the day-to-day general ledger accounting and reconciliation, finance reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas. You will be a part of a team working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances. With precision and carefulness, you will prepare financial statements and reports on a day-to-day basis. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition.
EDUCATION: B.A./B.S. degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or any other related fields.
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years of relevant working experience in Accounting and SAP. Previous A/P experience is a plus.
LANGUAGE: English proficiency is required, Mandarin proficiency is a plus.
- Accounting principles and practices
- Reporting skills
- Attention to detail
- SFAS Rules
- Excellent Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Verbal and electronic communication
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects
- Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements
- Updates job knowledge by participating in education opportunities, reading professional publications
- Updates accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Approve and process expense PO with appropriate G/L coding
- Resolve unit price and quantity issue with vendors and internal departments
- Ensure all payments within credit term, resolving related credit hold issues
- Maintain vendor relations, reconcile vendor statements
- Run various reports that are related to A/P
- Perform full cycle A/P reconciliation with G/L
- Perform inter-company A/P & A/R reconciliation
- Provide all related PWC reports
- Provide and facilitate with external and government related audits