Hardware Design Engineer
Work Location: fremont, California 94538
Job type: Full-Time
• Understand requirement/specs, new technologies design guide
how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Work with project/product management team to assess viability and tradeoffs for new product features.
• Feasibility study, design cost, specifying electrical architecture Broad, cross-functional understanding of hardware product execution such as ME/PD, ID, cost and factory/operations. Familiar with Intel processor architecture, Intel design guide Design tools
• Design document, schedule, DFX (DFM, DFQ, DFC), DFMEA, PFMEA, VN plan, cross functional management DFM (design for manufacturing) and DFT (design for test). Creating schematics, run simulation tools, review layout component selection, prototyping, resolving technical issues Managing cost and ensuring good Design for Excellence (DFX). Modify existing designs to enhance the quality of server mother board products
• Collaborate with layout engineers, validation engineers, software engineers, firmware engineers, product engineers and other teams to discover and solve any engineering issues in early stage to ensure and enhance the quality of the products
• Verification and report Schematic and BOM list for beta samples Debug and testing tools
• Errata report Signal integrate measurement
• Schematic and BOM list for alpha samples
• Validation and report
Debug and testing tools
• Product document
Release to production
• We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
• This role will represent the team when engineering topics are discussed with senior management
Communication, Responsive, Accountability, Proactive, Initiative, Quality and Customer Oriented thinking
• Bachelor or master degree in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
• 5 years of experience in design and shipment of hardware products.
• Experience working with Intel (and or AMD) processor chipsets and memory, high speed video interfaces (HDMI/MIPI), wireless interfaces (WiFi/BT), audio, and power design.
• Preferred qualifications:
• Experience with computer product design with external CM, ODM or JDM partners.