Incoming Quality Control Inspector
Work Location: California
Job type: Full-Time
• Perform First Article Inspection of precision plastics, sheet metal, and machined parts and provide Inspection reports (F.A.I.R.).
• Perform precision mechanical measurement for Incoming Parts to ANSI Y14.5.
• Assist Quality Engineer on preparing Incoming Parts Inspection Checklists.
• Support Quality Engineering on source inspection at vendor or customer premises.
• Assist Quality Engineering on verifying nonconforming Incoming Inspected parts at production
• Support Quality Engineering on raising SCAR to supplier due to nonconforming parts.
• Provide training to IQC Inspectors to operate CMM and various mechanical Inspection equipment to inspect incoming parts as needed.
• Assist Quality Engineering for data collection and preparing monthly quality reports.
• Help support Production by performing Outgoing QC inspection of the product when needed.
• When required, generate IQC equipment CMM program for Incoming Parts Inspection.
• Perform other assignments that may be assigned by Quality Engineer and/or Quality Management.
• Ensure daily good housekeeping (5s) of IQC dept.
• Able to recommend disposition for nonconforming Incoming Inspected parts at production.
• Able to generate CMM programs. Zeiss with Calypso S/W preferred.
Education & Experience:
1. 3 to 5 years’ precision mechanical inspection experience preferred with GD&T
2. ASQ certificate(s) in any quality discipline a plus.
3. Those without the relevant qualifications but with more than 3–years similar experience will also be considered.
• Basic knowledge on Microsoft office and SAP QM module.
• Able to interpret technical drawing (GD&T) & inspection checklist and sampling plan table.
• Proficient at hard set-ups as well as CMM programming and measuring of mechanical parts.