Perform all aspects of Manufacturing Engineering activities with regard to Product build/Design for Manufacturability.
· Responsible for transitioning hardware products from prototyping into manufacturing.
· Work with customer to assure products meet industry standards to design for manufacturability and design for test.
· Develop PCB assembly process to assure products are built to high standards of quality while meeting cost objectives.
· Assure products are built to specification and assists in resolving technical issues.
· Develop and refine manufacturing processes.
· Support documentation management system and ECO implementation.
· Work with Program Management and other supporting teams to assist in the creation release and implementation of ECNs as well as assure revision consistency between the ERP and manufacturers systems.
· Generate MPI documents for production.
· Design manufacturing tooling for quick turnaround manufacturing environment.
· Support the creation of manufacturing quote.
· Provide support to management in terms of continuous improvement.
· Participate in root cause analysis for any defect products
· B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
· Minimum 3 years of PCBA Manufacturing experience, performing both refine and management roles in the field of hardware products such as printed circuit assemblies and mechanical chassis assemblies.
· Strong technical and analytical skills.
· Knowledge of industry best practice for design for manufacturability and testability.
· Ability to work with manufacturing from both an advisory and development role.
· Full understanding of product costing as it relates to manufacturing process selection.
· Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques.
· Operational knowledge of SMT processes and procedures, including PCB layout and fabrication, DFT, and DFM.