Under the direction of the Division Manager, is responsible to lead the staff in Procurement/ Commodity sourcing, Purchasing and Logistics/ Warehouse functions, to ensure effective material operations that meet key indices to support our client (TPS) Operations to meet revenue needs of the Corporation.
Continuously ensuring new initiatives are developed to meet the changing business environment in particular ensuring Global initiatives are supported and all measurements are in place to meet these goals.
PROCUREMENT/ COMMODITY SOURCING
- Lead the local commodities team in executing/developing a cohesive commodity strategy to provide lowest total landed cost materials to the design and manufacturing requirements, while ensuring that supplier base provides the component technologies and responsiveness required to meet the end-product technology roadmaps.
- Responsibilities include supplier identification, quotation, negotiation, selection, qualification, contracting and management to meet production demand for production and other R&D design services needs.
- Identify lowest total cost solutions and drive qualification and approval in designer applications.
- Develop, maintain and enforce approved standard supplier and component lists to be used in all new designs.
- Negotiate supplier inventory arrangements and lead-times to support customer responsiveness and manufacturing flexibility at individual sites.
- Support local buyers, designers and contract manufacturers on supplier issues. Manage supplier performance, ratings, forecasting and reviews.
- Maintain centralized commodity database, utilizing supply chain management tools (SAP), to ensure that information is correct and usable by all global locations.
- Guide and lead subordinates in sourcing of materials to meet new product launch target, price targets and engineering specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring purchasing strategies are implemented and executed to ensure
- shortages are resolved to meet revenue according to KPI matrix.
- Ensuring effective utilization and development of work groups and effective purchasing practices for all dealing with suppliers. Adjust practices to meet the changing business conditions
- Establish operational indices and ensure all key suppliers are clearly aware of these needs and operate to meet our needs.
Oversee the Buyer/ Project Buyer to ensure the following functions are performed according to KPI:
- Purchase order loading & confirmation into system
- Follow up on delivery schedule based on RPO
- Ensure material readiness to support production requirements
- Review shortages and ensure timeline closure
- Coordination with inter-department to resolve all pending issues eg. MRB closures and RMA activities, resolve pending issues for invoice settlement, ECN Management, phase in/out and reporting material exposure, discrepancies with PO receipt.
- Support the New Product Introduction activities
- Inventory control and excess resolution
- Weekly forecast/ schedule report to suppliers
- Indirect material purchase
WAREHOUSE & LOGISTICS
- Responsible for Warehouse operations and ensure that Operations are effective in the supply of materials to Operation, FIFO practices etc.
- Ensure security and safety of the warehouse and compliance with regulatory requirements, e.g. FTA, C-TPAT, ISO in the warehouse as well as good housekeeping
- Accountable for inventory accuracy, discrepancies are resolved and corrective actions implemented.
- Establish operational indices and ensure all key suppliers are clearly aware of these needs and operate to meet our needs
- Implement Lean practices in Warehouse operations to maximize warehouse space, ultization & efficiency
- Ensure Logistics operations are effective in the clearance of cargo to meet revenue needs
- Review & analyze freight spend, KPI and work with GSBM in the alignment of agreement with suppliers to meet economic transportation model
- Identify and establish 3PL Warehouse to support Operations, this is a strategy that will directed by Site GM
- Ensure compliance to import & export regulations for all shipment from/to different countries where logistic movements are required
- Lead and drive changes to Warehouse/Logistics procedures and work flow to improve overall operational efficiency, ensure all procedures are effectively implemented and adhered to