- Process orders through numerous process steps including:
- Copper, Acid/tin plate, and all associated cleaning steps
- Resist strip, copper etch, solder strip
- Electroless copper
- Nickel, soft gold, hard gold and all associated cleaning steps
- CMI Reading
- Performing Process Analysis Logs (PAL) through TrueChem system
Provide product and process support by routine inspection of product, equipment, processes, and supplies.
- Product Inspection
¨ All boards processed are to be inspected for defects
¨ Each process step has associated defects that are explained in the Work Instructions
- Equipment Inspection
¨ Each piece of equipment must be maintained and examined for proper setup and operation
- Process Inspection
¨ Each process has an operational window that it must work within
- Supply Inspection
¨ Supplies used to manufacture our product must meet certain requirements
- Follow all processing instructions associated with each process step and each work order.
- Individual orders may have specific instructions that must be followed
- Each process has a set of work instructions that must be followed
- Work within local, state, federal laws and company guidelines regarding safety and chemical use.
- Work with Waste Treatment and follow accepted spent chemical guidelines
- Follow proper dumping and pumping guidelines regarding rinse waters and processing chemicals
- Follow company safety procedures regarding machinery, supply use, and chemical handling
- Assist the Production Management and Engineering Department regarding product flow, quality, timeliness and process testing and design.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- High School Diploma preferred.
- 2-6 years experience in plating for PCB Manufacturing Company.
- Ability to read and understand technical work instructions.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, protective glasses, face shields, aprons, rubber boots, etc. Must not be allergic to common forms of rubber and plastic used for PPE.
- Ability to work within the confines of a room where concentrations of chemicals are located.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds maximum.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the day.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow procedures and maintain the quality of products at all time.
- Good computer skills and ability to learn new skills and tasks as required.
- Ability to perform at the highest level in a fast-paced environment.