Work Location: California
Job type: Full-Time
The Process Engineer is responsible for monitoring, improving, documenting, and training all processes assigned. This individual will assist with implementation of new processes as needed along with providing technical engineering support for the assigned processes.
• Perform routine process audits &continually monitor processes for quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
• Assist with processing/overseeing critical jobs as needed.
• Provide engineering support for assigned areas and back up support for any other process as needed.
• Optimize production processing efficiencies for improvement as needed.
• Train operators & inform manager and solve any potential problems.
• Comply and enforce all company policies and corporate procedures.
• Improve Process Control (Cpk) in the areas of responsibility
• Evaluate methods for Process Cost reductions
• Evaluate any new equipment and provide justification report why it is needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
• BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Biology is preferred.
• Experience in PCB industry, with knowledge of PCB manufacturing processes is preferred.
• Knowledge and familiarity with ISO, SPC, Process Controls, DOE and Six Sigma DMAIC/Lean strongly preferred but not required.
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings and work instructions.
• Ability to train operators and document in a timely manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good computer skills such as Microsoft Office.
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves, protective glasses, face-shields, aprons, rubber boots, etc. & Ability to work within the confines of a room where chemicals are used.
• Must be flexible to work extended hours based on company needs and be available to after hour emergency calls.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds maximum and stand/walk throughout the day.
• Ability to perform at the highest level in a fast-paced environment.