Shipping and Receiving
Work Location: California
Job type: Full-Time
40 hours /week Mon-Fri 8:00-4:30. Overtime may be required at times
We are an established battery assembler supplying standard and custom battery packs to original equipment manufacturers.
• Pull, pack and palletize material shipments using best practices.
• Prepare airway bills, process UPS, FedEx packages. Enter receipts into our ERP system.
• Process International Paperwork, NAFTA’s, ITN’s and creates a certificate of origins
• Keeps updated HTS for shipments
• Knowledge of Routing Guides
• Receive deliveries from carriers: UPS, FedEx, LTL carriers, etc. Sorts, counts and place materials on shelves, racks or designated areas.
• Maintain UPS and FedEx system updates.
• Work with Purchasing, Accounting, and Sales to resolve the shipping and receiving issues.
• Record materials pulled; follow FIFO procedure, maintain warehouse organization
• Inventory management: Perform inventory cycle counts daily;
• Projects as required by Management.
• Forklift certified
• HazMat shipping certified (UN38.3) highly desirable.
• 3+ years warehouse/material handling experience
• Basic computer knowledge (MS Office applications)
• Familiar with domestic shipping via UPS, FedEx, freight forwarders, etc.
• International shipping experience is a plus
• Must be proficient in English and have good interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to details-neat and organized
• Ability to work independently and under little supervision
• Strong work ethics - reliable
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds according to safe lifting guidelines