POSITION SUMMARY: The SMT Operator will set up and program the screen printer, SMT pick and place machine (Juki), and reflow ovens to insure all quality aspects for all assembly projects are being met. He/She is also responsible for operating all machinery related to PCB assembly and by using defect or nonconformance data, effectively communicate quality issues, via QMS procedures, to the PCB Assembly Manager or assembly house personnel as required, for immediate correction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- High School Diploma preferred.
- 3-5 years experience as a SMT operator for pick and place and screen printing.
- Prior experience with ISO 9001/9002 or QS9000 preferred.
- Previous knowledge of mechanical, thru-hole, surface mount, electronic component identification and performing reworks on printed circuits boards a must.
- Ability to read and interpret quality control specifications, IPC 610 certification, blue print drawings and engineering specifications.
- Ability to use quality related measuring equipments.
- Ability to follow procedures and maintain quality of products at all time.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills and the ability to learn new skills and tasks as required, especially PCB software (ProCIM).
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and stand/walk throughout the day.
This position requires use of information or access to jobs which are subject to the US Government International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements. All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. In no case will applicants be allowed to begin their scope of work in this specific position without providing proof of citizenship.