Sr Mechatronics Engineer
Work Location: California
Job type: Full-Time
- Actively participate on the development of equipment, tools, and tooling solutions
- Being a role model to less experienced peers and be able to provide suggestions and guidance on technical issues as well as share his/her experience in the field
- Lead specific task forces and problem solving efforts
- Lead specific teams to accomplish specific goals
- Be able to properly communicate internally and externally within the organization
- Support the development of less experienced peers
- *** should be able to actively participate and drive discussion and analysis of different challenges related to the engineering field.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, material engineering or any related field with a minimum of 10 years of proven experience in equipment design.
- *** should be capable of understanding mechanisms, dimensioning complex geometry, measurements standards, force deflection, vibrations, fluid dynamics, metallurgy and materials science, thermodynamics, refrigeration and heat transfer.
- *** must be proficient in computer software especially CAD and Solid Works
- Knowledge of electricity and electronics.
- Experience with motion control, robotics and other automation elements.
- The individual must have experience designing mechanisms to achieve tight tolerances, manufacturability, the application of GD&T or ASME Y14.5 and FMEA methodology.
- Experience in medical, semiconductor, aerospace and/or consumer products industry is preferred.
- The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, disciplined and flexible on his/her work schedule. Be able to excel in both, during design and directing as well as being capable to be hands on.
- The candidate is also required to have very good oral and written communications on top of interpersonal skills.
- *** must demonstrate enthusiasm and the ability to adapt quickly in to dynamic and demanding environment.
- Familiarity with the machining process will be considered a plus and knowledge of the measurement tools and experimental equipment is desired.