As a Sr. QA test engineer, you're tasked with test planning, test design and test case development to assess and improve the overall quality of our products. You must have extensive experience testing a 'systems' product (file systems, storage systems, operating systems, or networking). The ability to lead projects, test plan reviews, and mentor junior level team members.
- Design high level test approaches and detailed test plans
- Executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s)
- Conducting requirements and design reviews of new features
- Work with development team to analyze and root cause failures
- File defects and feature enhancements, tracking them to closure
- Engage with users to discover major problem areas
- Strong on networked storage, protocol testing background
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Experience developing automated tests in one or more of following programming languages: Python/Perl/C/C++/Java.
- Experience with integrating automation test frameworks such as Jenkins
- The ability to debug and extend automated tests
- Strong systems administration experience in Linux and/or Windows environment
- An understanding of file system concepts and protocols such as: networked file systems, logical volumes, journaled file systems, tiered storage, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Shared LUNs.
- Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, or Xen. VMware is preferred.
- Experience in testing clustered/distributed systems.
- Ability to leverage open source tools for test development and execution.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 10 or more years of Software QA experience