Technical Sales Specialist
Work Location: California
Job type: Full-Time
Work with Channel Sales Manager developing and maintaining current reseller business relationships within assigned reseller accounts. Work with assigned resellers in growing VIPColor Technologies printer sales through product and marketing training, technical sales support, customer visits, and sales program implementation. Work toward gaining reseller mindshare and making VIPColor Digital Label Printers one of their Top 10 go to products.
1. Work with Channel Sales Manager in maintaining and managing existing reseller account relationships to ensure that consistent and constant communication is taking place to support all sales growth efforts.
2. Capable of working with VIPColor reseller field account sales and reseller management teams on all sales opportunities.
3. Provide technical pre-sales and post-sales support infield to a reseller and end-user customers. Including but not limited to; product training, product sales presentations and high profile account application assessment. Work toward becoming the “subject matter expert” on VIPColor Technologies digital color labeling solutions to our reseller partners and end-user customers.
4. Perform all pre-sales functions as required on all inbound sales opportunities including qualifying customer’s application requirements, costing analysis and assigning to a qualified reseller that can best service the customer.
5. Respond to all inbound sales inquiries for label samples, cost per print analysis and document all opportunities in Salesforce.
6. Manage the creation and distribution of all label print samples for all inbound and outbound. Document sample creation by reseller, customer name and file name in Salesforce for lead creation and follow up on sales progress through the steps of the sale.
7. Communicates VIPColor Technologies strategic plans and programs as directed by management used to help close required business and/or establish needed reseller relationships to meet both short and long-term territory and/or vertical objectives. Including, but not limited to; revenue, unit placements and or market share goals.
8. Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with VIPColor Technologies Technical & Marketing teams and other departments, as required, to provide and ensure accurate technical and other relevant business information between VIPColor reseller and end-user customers.
9. Attend and participate in the set-up and sales roles for Tradeshows, Open Houses and other related events designated by management
10. Assist with identifying key vertical accounts and current label and packaging trends to build value-based business cases for pursuing prospective new accounts and increase net new sales opportunities.
11. Encourages growth of the entire business base and interacts, as required, with other VIPColor Technologies & Venture Corp sales entities in order to ensure VIPColor Technologies sales dominance and deliver incremental business across all business units.
12. Other responsibilities include maintaining detailed activity and quality reporting in Salesforce on all pre, post and technical sales activities. Timely and accurate monthly reporting (including sales forecasts), expense accounts, weekly activity reports on Top Opportunities and other reports, as required.
13. Other projects as assigned by General Manager and/or Channel Sales Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree (Business or Technical) or equivalent experience.
Training and/or Experience:
• Professional and energetic individual with a positive can-do attitude with a willingness to learn
• Formal sales training in the development and delivery of a sales territory with a major U.S. corporation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Software Requirements:
• Direct sales experience and knowledge sales processes
• Working knowledge of business sales tools (cell, laptop, projectors, and software) including time management techniques.
• Mastery of presentation skills and tools (room to lecture hall public speaking; MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel)
• Knowledge of basic marketing communication tools such as Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc. (helpful but not required)
• Knowledge of:
• Flexographic Label Printing Industry (helpful but not required)
• Graphics Arts North American Market (helpful but not required)
• Packaging Industry (helpful but not required)
• 50-75% territory travel